Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 2 - Washington D.C. (January 18, 2009)

Sunday morning commenced with an early start, one far too early for a weekend. I woke up at 4:30am and got dressed in professional attire to head down to breakfast for 5:15am.

I met my roommate that morning since she was already asleep the night I arrived. Her name was Ariana and she attends DePaul University in Chicago and is studying acting. She was a very nice and friendly person and it was a pleasure to have her as my roommate. We got along well and later toured D.C. together.

At breakfast I met Ash, a girl from London studying International Relations at the London School of Economics. I met her on the plane to D.C. before and we had checked into the hotel together. We agreed to reconnect the next morning and head to breakfast together.

After breakfast at around 6 am, Ash and I hopped on one of the 170 shuttle buses allocated for our conference. We head to the University of Marlyand to hear General Colin L. Powell Former Secretary of State speak.

I have decided to create another post especially for Colin Powell's address because it was such an inspiring and life changing moment for me. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment